Not yet rated.
1 Luv-a-Duck Duck Breast, tenderloin removed
Sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic
5 sprigs thyme
100ml Healthy Boy light soy
2 shallots, finely diced
¼ bunch garlic chive, finely sliced
1 knob ginger, finely grated
10ml sesame oil
1. Combine all ponzu dressing ingredients and set aside.
2. Score duck breasts in a criss-cross pattern, season skin and meat with salt and pepper and bring to room temperature.
3. Place duck breasts skin side down in cold heavy based saucepan and start on high heat.
4. Cook until duck fat renders and skin is crispy.
5. Turn onto breast side down and add garlic and thyme.
6. Baste skin with rendered duck fat with a spoon.
7. Remove from heat and rest for 10 mins, then carve horizontally.
8. Pour ponzu dressing on a plate and place duck atop.