Not yet rated.
4 Luv-a-Duck, Duck Legs
Salt & pepper
1 tsp olive oil
2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled & finely diced
250 mls pinot noir
2 tsp tomato paste
½ cup Luv-a-Duck stock
2 tblsp caster sugar
1 tblsp balsamic glaze
1 sprig rosemary
12 sml pickling onions, peeled
Fresh green peas
1. Season the Luv-a-Duck Duck Legs with salt & pepper. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a high heat and brown duck legs well. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the shallots and carrot to the pan and saute 2 – 3 minutes. Stir in the combined pinot noir, tomato paste, stock caster sugar and balsamic glaze to the pan and return the duck legs to the pan with the sprig of rosemary.
3. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook stirring occasionally 1 hr. Add the onions to pan and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the duck legs and set aside and keep warm. Remove cover for a further 10 minutes until sauce is syrupy.
5. Serve duck legs on individual serving plates and spoon over the sauce serve with onions , mashed potato and pea’s.
Pinot noir can be replaced with Merlot or cabernet sauvignon. if your looking to replace wine with another ingredient replace the pinot noir with cranberry juice or pomegrante juice.