1 Luv-a-Duck, Chinese Style 1/2 Duck
1 cup plum sauce
400g can satsuma (dark) plums
4 x 6-8cm cinnamon sticks
8 star anise
2 tblsp char sui sauce
1. Cut duck in half if required to fit pan.
2. Heat saucepan over a medium heat and brown Duck well 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the plum sauce, plums and juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise and char sui sauce, stir well to combine.
4. Bring to boil then reduce heat and cover and simmer 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes
5. Portion duck and serve with steamed rice and Asian greens.
This dish can also be cooked in the oven 160c for 1 hour or in slow cooker for approximately 1 ½ hrs.
Chinese 1/2 duck maybe replaced with peking duck legs if cooking for more than 2-3 people.