Not yet rated.
2 Luv-a-Duck, Fresh Duck Breasts
1 tsp. clove
2 slices orange peel
Salt and pepper
2 pears, cut in half & cored then cut into quarters
100g walnuts, toasted
2 purple witlof (optional)
½ head of frisee lettuce, leave separated and washed
1. For the dressing, combine all the ingredients together with a whisk until emulsified.
2. Heat an ovenproof frypan to a medium heat and preheat oven to 200°C.
3. Score the skin and season with clove, salt and pepper. Place the duck breasts skin side down using no oil, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it lifts from the pan and is golden brown. Now add the pear and coat with the rendered duck fat.
4. Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and rest for 4 minutes.
5. Assemble the salad by arranging salad leaves, walnuts and roasted pears on a platter. Slice the duck and add to the salad. Drizzle with the sauce and serve.