Not yet rated.
3 tbs. peanut oil
¼ cup water
1 tsp. shrimp paste
2 tsp Soy Sauce
4 tbs. ginger, roughly chopped
2 tbs. galangal, roughly chopped
1 stalk of lemongrass, the base only roughly chopped
2 long red chillies
6 garlic cloves
½ knob of fresh turmeric or 1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tbs. palm sugar
1 tbs. vegetable oil
4 Luv-a-Duck Fresh Duck Legs
3 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
2 star anise
Pinch of salt
½ cup coconut milk
2 cups Duck Stock (or chicken stock)
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 knob ginger, minced
1 chilli, finely chopped
2 Lebanese cucumbers
1. In a large pan on a medium heat, sear the Duck legs on both sides for 2 minutes to render some of the fat.
2. For the curry paste place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
3. Heat oil in the pressure cooker. Once hot, add the curry paste and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant, ensuring to stir regularly so it does not stick. Now add the Duck legs and coat in the aromatic spice paste. Cook for a further 3 minutes then season with salt. Add the kaffir lime leaves, star anise, coconut milk and stock and stir well to incorporate.
4. Close and lock the pressure cooker and cook over a high until it reaches high pressure. Now turn the heat down completely and cook for a further 40 minutes.
5. Prepare the sambal by combing all the ingredients together.
6. Once the Duck is cooked serve with fresh cucumber, rice and the sambal.