Not yet rated.
500g basmati rice
60g Luv-a-Duck, Duck Fat
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
5 green cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
12 saffron threads, soaked in 2 Tblsp of warm milk
3¾ cups water
2 Tblsp chopped pistachios
1. Heat the Duck Fat in a large saucepan. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the cardamom, bay leaves and rice. Stir for 2 minutes until all the grains of rice are covered with Duck Fat.
3. Add the saffron mixture and water and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and cook over a medium-low heat for 8 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove from the heat and stand for 10 minutes, covered.
5. Serve and garnish with chopped pistachios.