Not yet rated.
1. Heat oil in a large cast iron pot over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, add the pancetta or bacon. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, celery, herbs, bay and chilli. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the red wine and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the wine has reduced by half.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down heat and cook for 4 minutes. Add 3/4 of the beans to the stock. Roughly mash the remaining 1/4 of the beans and add to the pot. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and add the broad beans cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the herb stalks and bay. Season to taste.
5. Prepare the duck legs according to pack instructions.
6. Place the legs to the top of the pot to the pot and serve with garnished micro herbs or sorrel leaves and drizzle with olive oil.