4 x Luv-a-Duck, Fresh Duck Breasts
400g can black cherries in juice
3 tbsp brandy
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp festive baking spice (or pinch cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves)
2 tsp arrowroot
1 tbsp water
Steamed green beans
Roasted baby potatoes
Fresh cherries for garnish
1. Heat ovenproof frypan to a medium heat, and pre-heat oven to 190 °C.
2. Pat dry duck breasts, score skin and lightly season the skin with salt and pepper.
3. Place in a moderately hot pan skin side down, using no oil, for 5 minutes until the skin is golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and place in pre-heated oven for a further 8-10 minutes until the duck breast is tender to touch.
5. Whilst duck is cooking place the cherries, brandy, sugar and spices into a small saucepan and simmer 5 minutes. Blend together the arrowroot and water until smooth. Add to the cherries and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
6. Remove the duck and rest on a chopping for a few minutes then slice into thin medallions.
7. To serve, spoon a little sauce onto the serving plate and fan the duck medallions over the sauce, accompany with steamed green beans and garnish with flaked almonds and fresh cherries. Serve roasted potatoes on the side.
Reserve the duck from rendering the duck in a small bowl and use to roast potatoes or vegetables.