Not yet rated.
500g Luv-a-Duck Duck mince*
1 medium brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 sprigs of thyme, picked and chopped
1 fresh bay leaf
750g canned whole peeled tomatoes
50g Luv-a-Duck Duck fat
25g shredded mozzarella
Parmesan cheese to serve
70g Gnocchetti Sardi
1. Boil salted water and cook Gnocchetti Sardi until al dente.
2. Seal Luv-a-Duck Duck mince off in a heavy based pot until it’s a coarse, grainy texture.
3. Sauté onion and garlic in a medium sized pot. Add a splash of water to help with the sautéing. Do not colour onions.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for 30 mins.
5. Use a stick blender to puree tomato mixture until smooth.
6. Add duck mince, thyme and bay leaf and cook for another 30-40 minutes.
7. Toss all in a pan with Gnocchetti Sardi and finish with a spoonful of Luv-a-Duck Duck fat and a handful of mozzarella to preference.
*Luv-a-Duck Duck mince can be purchased from your local butcher. Ask for the duck legs to be minced.