Potatoes roasted in duck fat are widely recognised as the crispiest, tastiest and the most impressive. There is no real secret - just follow these simple steps.
1 Tablespoon Luv-a-Duck, Duck Fat
500g roasting potatoes
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into even sized pieces, put into a saucepan, with plenty of cold salted water, bring to the boil and allow to simmer until tender. Do not overcook.
3. Drain the potatoes, removing as much water as possible.
4. Return the potatoes to the pan and add the Duck Fat and the salt and pepper.
5. Cover with the lid on and give them a vigorous shake to rough up the edges and coat them with the Duck Fat.
6. Place potatoes in roasting tray, in a single layer and roast in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
Before placing the potatoes in the oven add some whole garlic cloves and sprigs of rosemary for a great aroma.
Toss root vegetables with a little duck fat for extra flavour before roasting too.