Not yet rated.
For the salad
1 Luv-A-Duck Duck Breast
½ bunch watercress
Handful rocket leaves
1 crisp red apple
75 g pickled walnuts
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
Micro plane horseradish to taste
No need to emulsify, just mix
Cooking the duck breasts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Score the skin of the duck breasts with a sharp knife in a criss cross shape, taking care not to cut the flesh.
3. Season both sides of the breasts with salt and place skin side down in a cold pan on a low heat. Cook slowly for 9–10 minutes or until the fat has rendered from the skin, leaving it golden brown and crispy.
4. Turn the breasts over and increase the heat to sear the flesh side (just so it’s coloured, not to form a crust – approximately 1 minute). Turn them over again and place them in the oven for 3 minutes. Remove the breasts from the oven and rest in a warm place for a few minutes.
1. To assemble the salad, slice the duck breast. Cut the figs into eight pieces. Wash and pick the watercress and rocket leaves. Thinly slice the red apple and shallots and chop the walnuts.
2. Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together and toss through the salad, seasoning well.
Instead of using Luv-A-Duck fresh duck breasts, you can try using Luv-A-Duck Ready Roasted Duck Breasts.