Not yet rated.
4 Luv-A-Duck Duck Legs
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, grated
1 stalk celery, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
2 stalks of rosemary, leaves removed and finely diced
1 cup red wine
750ml jar passata
A small handful of dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in 1 cup of warm water for 5 minutes
1 orange peel
Salt and pepper
1 packet of fresh pappardelle
1. In a heavy based casserole pot over a low heat add the duck legs skin side down. Cook for 3 minute on a gentle heat until the fat starts to render. Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain excess fat (don’t discard. Place in a jar and use for crispy potatoes at a later date). Now add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes or until very softened.
2. Place the duck back into the pot and add the red wine, orange peel and chopped mushrooms. Bring to the boil and allow bubble away for 5 minutes, removing any impurities that come to the surface. Now add the tomato passata and the porcini water and season with salt and pepper. Place the lid on and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.
3. Once cooked, shred the meat away from the bones. Discard the bones and the skin. If oil has risen to the surface of the sauce, skim off. Add the duck back to the pan.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook as per packet instructions.
5. Toss pasta through the duck ragu along with some grated Parmesan. Serve with crispy rocket salad.
Comfort food at its best!