Not yet rated.
4 Luv-a-Duck roast duck breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small carrot, finely diced
handful of thyme sprigs
1 cup puy lentils
1/4 cup sherry
4 cups duck stock
1 cup instant polenta
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
50 g butter
fresh black pepper
10 prunes overnight in 1 cup sherry, drained
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Salute the onion and garlic for one minute. Add the carrot and thyme, cook for a further 2 minutes
2. Add the lentils and sherry and cook for another 2 minutes. Add 3 cups of stock, bring to boil and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked but still have bite to them (they should be a little wet still.)
3. Place 3 cups of water into a medium saucepan add the remaining cup of stock. Bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and slowly pour in the polenta, whisking continuously for 3 minutes until thickened. Stir through Parmesan and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Prepare the duck according to pack instructions. Slice the duck evenly and keep warm.
5. Serve the duck on individual plates with lentils, polenta and the prunes.