Not yet rated.
2 x Luv-a-Duck, Duck Breasts
1/2 tsp crushed dried chillies
1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
1/2 tsp sugar
2 litres hot duck stock
10cm piece fresh ginger grated
100g egg noodles
100g rice noodles
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 med-hot red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
bunch spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 head Asian greens (eg. bok choy), roughly chopped
Handful fresh coriander sprigs
Dark soy sauce to serve
1. Lightly grind the crushed chillies in a pestle and mortar, then mix in a shallow dish with the five-spice powder, sugar, salt and black pepper.
2. Thoroughly cover duck in spices on all sides and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, bring the stock and ginger to the boil in a pan. Season with a little salt and keep hot.
4. Bring another pan of lightly salted water to the boil ready for the noodles.
5. In a frying pan with oil, add duck breasts, lower the heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in the boiling water according to the packet instructions.
7. Drain and divide between warm bowls.
8. Sprinkle with the chilli and half the spring onions. Add the beansprouts and bok choy to the stock and cook for 1 minute. Ladle over the noodles.
9. Thinly slice the duck on the diagonal and place on top of the noodle soup.
10. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and coriander sprigs and serve with the dark soy sauce on the side.