Not yet rated.
8 baby beetroots
2 oranges (peeled and segmented)
large handful baby spinach leaves
1 tsp french mustard
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp orange juice
Murray River salt flakes
freshly ground black pepper
1. Trim the leaves off the top of the beetroot, cut the large beetroots in half rinse in cold water and place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to the boil turn down to simmer and cook until tender, approx. 30 to 40 mins, or until tender.
3. When cooked, cool under cold running water while removing the skins with your hands and leave to drain.
4. If necessary, cut the beetroots into halves or quarters.
5. Make a salad dressing by whisking together olive oil, mustard and orange juice.
6. Season with flakes of salt and a twist of pepper.
7. Toss the beetroot with the wedges of orange and spinach in a very large bowl with the dressing and toss thoroughly.
8. Serve on a clean platter.
Tinned beetroot or larger beetroot can be used but there is nothing like the sweetness of fresh small baby beets.