Not yet rated.
400g roasting potatoes
2 Tblsp Luv-a-Duck, Duck Fat
1 head of garlic, broken into cloves
2 Tblsp chopped oregano
1 cup bitter orange marmalade
4 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 Luv-a-Duck Duck Stock (or chicken stock)
4 Luv-a-Duck Fresh Duck Breasts
Salt and pepper
2 bunches asparagus
20g of butter
To cook the potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into even sized pieces, put into a saucepan, with plenty of cold salted water, bring to the boil and allow to simmer until tender. Do not overcook. Drain the potatoes.
3. Place the potatoes back into the pan in which they were cooked and add the Duck Fat and the salt and pepper.
4. Cover with the lid on and give them a vigorous shake to rough up the edges and coat them with the Duck Fat.
5. Place potatoes in a roasting tray with the garlic cloves in a single layer and roast in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
6. Season with salt and pepper and mix with oregano.
To make the sauce
7. In a small pan, add in the orange marmalade, soy sauce and 1/4 cup of duck stock. Let this simmer for 3 mins until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
To cook the Duck
8. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Pat dry duck breasts, score skin in a crisscross pattern and lightly season the skin with salt.
9. Place duck breast skin-side down ovenproof frypan to a medium heat and cook until brown and crispy, 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook for a further min.
10. Remove pan from heat and place in pre-heated oven for a further 8-10 mins to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
11. Steam the Asparagus.
12. Return the sauce to heat.
13. Cut the Duck Breast into slices and serve with the sauce and crushed potatoes and asparagus.