Not yet rated.
● 4 duck breasts
● 4 garlic cloves
● 2 oranges, sliced
● small handful of rosemary
● small handful shallots
● ½ cup maple syrup
● 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
● Olive oil, salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
2. Place duck breast (skin pacing up) to an oiled cooking tray. Use a sharp knife to create slits along the breast, roughly 3 cm apart (the slits on the skin encourage the fat to renders out).
3. Squeeze orange juice over the breast and then place in the tray, followed by the garlic cloves, a sprinkle of rosemary and drizzle of olive oil.
4. In a saucepan, combine orange slices, shallots and maple syrup, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins. Remove from heat and pour over duck.
5. Season with salt and pepper, transfer duck to oven and cook for approx. 1hr - 1hr 15 min depending on your oven.
6. Remove the duck from the oven cooked through but not over cooked. I like to cook duck similar to steak, think medium/rare. Once cooked, turn on the grill for 3-4 mins until the skin darkens slightly.
7. In a pan, combine red cabbage and capscum with a dash of maple syrup for your side salad. Cook until just tender approx. 5min.
8. Serve and Enjoy
Recipe by Renee Drochmann (@hungrybeargrazing)