Not yet rated.
150 ml kecap manis
80 ml soy sauce
2 tbs. brown sugar
1 knob of ginger, finely grated
2 Luv-a-Duck Fresh Duck Breasts skin scored
½ cup rice
½ cup black tea
2 ½ tbs. brown sugar
1 star anise crushed
1. For the sauce combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
2. Remove Duck from the fridge 20 minutes before smoking. Pat dry and score the skin.
3. Line a wok with two layers of foil, allowing it to overhang. In a bowl combine rice, tea, sugar and the star anise. Add the rice mixture and rest a wire rack in the wok.
4. Cover with a lid and turn the heat on to a medium to high heat and allow the wok to smoke.
5. Add the Duck, skin side up onto the rack and cover the wok again with the lid and then sealing the lid with the overhanging foil. Turn the heat down to medium and smoke for 6 minutes. Turn the heat off and let stand for a further 6 minutes, ensure you do not open the lid during this time.
6. Remove Duck from the wok and seal skin side down in a pan on medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is golden.
6. Remove from the pan and rest on a chopping board for 5 minutes before carving and serving with the sauce.