4 x Luv-a -Duck, Duck Breasts
1/2 cup jasmine rice
1/2 cup black tea leaves
1/2 cup brown sugar
rind of 1 lemon
rind of 1 orange
3 star anise, ground in a mortar & pestle
Salad ingredients :
1/2 cup bean shoots
1/2 cup mints leaves, torn
1/2 cup cooked snake beans, chilled
1/2 cup finely chopped garlic chives
2 spring onion stalks, angle cut
1 red capsicum, julienne
1 punnet snow pea shoots
4 tbsp coriander leaves
4 tbsp roasted chilli jam
4 tbsp coconut vinegar
1 tbsp palm sugar
2 limes for garnish
1. Line the base of a wok with several pieces of foil. Mix the smoking ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the foil. Place the duck breast skin side up on rack, cover the wok and cook on a high heat until smoke appears from the wok.
2. Lower to medium heat and cook for 10 minutes. Do not open the wok lid as you will lose all the smoke.
3. Transfer the duck to frypan and cook skin side down for 2 mins to crisp skin.
4. Allow the duck to rest while preparing the salad, mix all ingredients together with the dressing and arrange on a serving plate
5. Slice the duck into thick pieces, and arrange on top of salad.
Serve with lime wedges.