Not yet rated.
For the confit duck
4 x Luv-A-Duck Duck Fresh Legs
250gm rock salt
1/2 bunch coriander (just root, keep the leaves for later)
1 lime leaf
1/2 head garlic chopped roughly
1 long red chilli, split in half
1 knob ginger chopped roughly
zest one lime (keep the pulp for later)
Coconut milk to cover
For the salad
1 green papaya
½ bunch spring onion
1 red onion
½ bunch mint
½ bunch coriander leaves
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine all ingredients except the coconut milk. Rub into the duck legs and let it sit for 4-5 hrs in the fridge.
3. Wash duck legs well, place into a baking tray and cover with coconut milk.
4. Cook for 2-3 hrs until tender.
5. Once cooked, shred the meat, discarding the fat and set aside.
6. Finely slice the wombok, papaya, spring onion and the red onion.
7. Dress with the juice of one lime, a dash of fish sauce and a little of the coconut milk leftover.
8. Lastly toss through the shredded duck meat.