Not yet rated.
Mexican Pulled Duck Leg Meat
1x Pack of Luv-a-Duck Roast Duck Legs
40g taco seasoning
¼ cup water
1 pkt tostada / corn chip rounds
1 avocado, finely diced
1 lge ripe tomato, de-seeded and finely
1 sml red onion, finely diced
90g can corn kernels, drained
1 lime, zested & juiced
½ green chilli, de-seeded and finely diced
1 tsp olive oil
1. Remove duck legs from the packaging and place all the contents into a medium sized deep-lidded saucepan.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning onto the duck legs, turning legs to coat well with the seasoning.
3. Heat the duck Legs on the stove on a medium heat for 4 minutes on one side and then turn for another 4 minutes.
4. Add the water to the pan and reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 -12 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Using a pair of forks remove the meat from the duck legs and shred. Discard all bones.
6. Combine all the ingredients for the salsa and toss gently to combine.
7. To Serve: Lay tostada chips on a flat surface and top each chip with a small amount of the slow cooked shredded duck, garnish with a little salsa and finish with chipotle mayonnaise and coriander leaves.
8. Serve immediately.
* Tostadas are the perfect snack for entertaining with family and friends
Shredded duck maybe prepared well ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in a sealed container or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Shredded duck is also delicious served in warm tortilla wraps or taco shells. You can also use this recipe to make duck Nachos with warm corn chips.